Photographs courtesy of Irene Murt and many of our members.
Growing and sharing these mums brings joy to growers and others. Help us reintroduce these once popular but now rare plants back into our home gardens by growing mums in your garden.
Not Just These . . .
Grow These Too!
These vintage mums are now more rare than orchids. Be part of the movement to bring these blooms back to home gardens.
We have a New Logo
in CENTRAL NORTH CAROLINA
WINNERS FOR FLORAL DESIGN @ FESTIVAL OF FABULOUS MUMS
Popular Vote Winners:
1st. Michelle Rawlings for ‘Bola de Oro’
2nd. Michelle Rawlings for ‘Lava’
3rd. Patsy Waszak for ‘Apple Valley’
4th. Lillian Jones for ‘Lili Gallon’
Lillian and Patsy were 1st-time winners
congratulations to our winners --- all the entries --- many voters
thank you for your participation & hard work
2019 RAFFLE WINNERS LISTED BELOW
Festival of Fabulous Mums
Duke Gardens November 3 to 5, 2019
Thank you for your donations and supporting our fundraiser Winners of the raffle donations are: (first name and last initial only)
1. Floral arrangement by Cindy Cook——- Saskia M.
2. Floral arrangement by Val Lorenz———Susan M.
3. Pitcher Plant garden by Mike Lowe——-Penny A.
4. Quilt Clock by Connie Upshaw————-Vicki T.
5. Redwork pillow by Connie Upshaw——-Charles U.
6. Quilted Blue table topper by Connie Upshaw———Anna P.
7. Quilted Pink table topper by Connie Upshaw———Lisa L.
8. “Chrysanthemum” Book by Kevin Henkes-donated by Connie Upshaw——Shirley C.
9. Seaboard Ace Hardware $50 gift basket- ————Phyllis T.
10. Duke Gardens Membership—————— Sashia M.
11. CCCS Membership & basket————— LeVonne C.
12. King’s Gift Certificate————————-Charlene L.
13. “Foodscape Revolution” Book by & donated by Brie Arthur———-Augustine G
14. Natural Alternative products————— Hugh N.
15. Antique Floral glass frogs donated by Erica Winston—————Linda M.
Central Carolina Chrysanthemum Society's mission is to encourage, foster and maintain the continued growth and appreciation of all thirteen classes of chrysanthemums
Goals of the Central Carolina Chrysanthemum Society
Assist the National Chrysanthemum Society to educate the public, advance gardening techniques in both public and home gardens and incorporate procedural advances for the propagation and cultivation of chrysanthemums
Help promote a greater interest in the cultivation of all thirteen classes of chrysanthemums
Encourage amateur, professional and commercial growers to grow and display chrysanthemums